Without further adieu, lets start!
- Lolita fashion is one of my autistic “special interests”. My obsession with it is not as huge as it was about a year ago, but I still find it to be a very relaxing interest. Looking through some lolita outfit pictures, browsing TaoBao, Bodyline and Innocent world websites, thinking about new outfits, altering my dresses, making a Lolita accessory or just stroking my garments has a very soothing effect on me. Sometime, even looking at a picture of a dress can really calm me down and even give me a spoon or two.
- My local community is not really big, but it is quite diverse, including people with different sexual and romantic orientations, Trans and non-binary folks, disabled people, kinky people, people of color, immigrants and also some hetero-cis people too. The community is quite accepting, and most of the time there is little to no drama.
- In my bubble, I don’t really notice people staring at me while I wear Lolita. I know some people do because I am told by my sister that people stare. I just don’t notice.
- I wear lolita to kinky places and parties (and parties in general), and people really like it and are very respectful.
Some of my friends think that I look quite sexy while wearing lolita, and as long as they are respectful towards me, I even enjoy it. I don’t find lolita fashion as sexual, but if others do, and they understand I don’t see it as sexual, all is well.
- I find it weird that people are excited about my hand made embroidered accessories. For me, embroidery is just like drawing, but with thread and needle.
- In my local community JSK without a blouse or a bolero is considered to be acceptable Lolita coord during the summer, because it is really really hot here. Although it is considered acceptable, it is not a common view.
- I was never told anything about Halloween, because it is not celebrated in Israel. Though comments about Purim are pretty common…
Also, being called “snow white” is something that happens here a lot, even if you wear all black.
- During summer I wash my blouses after every use. I can’t imagine how it is even possible not to do that…
- In my lolita bubble, I am known to be “The one who is obsessed with green”. If it is green, and it is lolita, probably it is in my wishlist. The magic tea party dress from before is actually one of my dream dresses (and I am lucky to own it too).
- I usually wear classic lolita, but Gothic and Old School are also among my favorites. And when I wear sweet lolita, it is always green (not mint green, mind you. It is nice, but I prefer more natural shades of green).
Thanks for reading!